Monday, March 12, 2007

The World's Biggest Mobile Phone?

I have been in Sweden for a few days for various reasons, including researching a story for Kapitals, the magazine owned by my employer and some freelance work for IDG News. One of the companies I visited was InView, the maker of the IPPI device for receiving and projecting MMS messages (as well as SMS and e-mails) on ordinary TV screens. Mats Segerström, Managing Director of InView, tells why the IPPI can be consider the world's biggest mobile phone.



The IPPI was nominated for most innovative mobile device at the 3GSM World Congress in Barcelona. Red Herring bizarrely reported that the IPPI was a device for speaking SMS messages on TV sets.

1 comment:

Elina said...

Hello,

I'm a university student from Finland and I am conducting a marketing research for a finnish telecommunication company who would be interested in expanding to Latvia.

Could you give me some general information and tips on how to find specific information on the Latvian telecommunication companies and broadband providers.

The company we are conducting the research for has greated a software for broadband services. I am also trying to locate local competitors and service operators.

I would be very greatful for any kind of tips you might have, also websites in english are very welcome. I don't speak latvian so it is rather challenging to find information on the subject.

Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Elina Räsänen

elinakr@gmail.com