Monday, September 04, 2006

Checking out Sweden, surprising with Latvia

I am in Sweden for a couple of days, looking at the mobile services markets for some stuff I may write for the paper or some freelance customers. I was at this Kista Mobile Media Showcase (more than 60 companies contribute to keep this running) and was pleasantly surprised to hear that they were surprised by how far along Latvia is with mobile penetration, mobile services (like HSDPA) and the IT industry in general. The Mobile Media Showcase is thinking now of going to Latvia and looking at some cluster-to-cluster cooperation possibilities.
At least some good may have come of this. Otherwise, I spend 30 minutes at a Nordea branch (with my little number tag) just to talk to people who couldn't operate the data system so that I could terminate an old Postgiro/Plusgiro account that I no longer need. Well, to have geniuses (in mobile service) you have to have idiots for contrast somewhere.
Back in Latvia Tuesday night in time for Nordic Mobile Media 06 , will cover as much as possible and blog anything of note.

No comments: