Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Off to Paris and Alcatel Lucent

I am off to Paris for an Alcatel Lucent event. It will be interesting to see how things go for a company that is in pretty serious trouble -- major losses, higher job cuts planned. Alcatel was a major initial supplier of switches to Lattelecom, though I suspect they are leaning toward Ericsson for their network upgrade, not the least because Ericsson, I believe, supplies their DSL equipment.
Otherwise fairly quiet on the Latvian front. Must ask someone soon how things are going with the half-mother (TeliaSonera).
I am also considering trashing the new Firefox 2.0 on my Macbook (Intel Core 2 Duo) as it seems to work at 1980s dial-up speed. Writing this on Camino, which shows all of the blogger.com system's options like bold, italic, the link thingy, which all vanish on Safari.

No comments: